Just in time for Valentine Day..
Here's a picture of the Crazy Heart pattern (blocks) we made in class today. They are trimmed up because they (get this) don't all come out the same size but average 14 to 14-1/2 inches. You lay one atop the other and cut to the smallest one...we will see. For the borders Anna (the teacher) suggested making strips and cut the strips into say 2" pieces and then sew those together end-to-end (oh shoot, the lightbulb just went off) and for the binding make a solid color or make bias strips of all the colors, or ...whatever 'crazy' thing you want :D
They were crazy but fun, after I got over my frustration with switching because I had too many black fabrics (duh!). People used lots of color combinations - I just followed the instructions, no 'out of the box' thinking for me on this one evidently; next time I know better ... LOL
On my design board. The other picture are the material stacks on top of the pattern. The bumpy piles are the sewn strip pieces. I found it was quicker and less frustrating for me to strip piece by group, rather than 1 block at a time. Other's were making one at a time but I couldn't wrap my mind around it, too many pieces...LoL