Saturday, January 2, 2010

Getting Ready

It always so hectic at holiday time and the beginning of January is catch-up time, put it away and start clearing off the sewing table, cutting table - all used for wrapping presents. The lights and various decorations are put away and why is it that I seem to have more things than I have storage containers...it grows and grows, must be those elves!

I found some really pretty fabrics today, while cleaning out the back room, for a fabric swap with my Yuku.com group. So much fabric, so little time and I thought a 10" fabric swap would be a perfect way to cut those fabrics I just love but don't know what to do with.  I'm going to use a pattern from Quilt magazine Color Maze.  It's a great way to show off large prints. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to move my sewing room in there (again) - it's 800 sq.ft - minus the storage for canned food, two freezers, laundry table and rack.  As well as 10, large 3-drawer and two small 3-drawer Sterilite containers full of fabric. I can cordon off a section (maybe find a room divider and cover it...umm) to make it 'homey'...think it will work but will have to wait until DD visits again to move things around. Thought I'd try using EQ6 to map out the room, article in most recent newsletter, and see what I can come up with....Time will tell

In the meantime, I've found the top of my sewing machine table, cutting table and big top ironing board..woohoo!  Sunday, I'm going to re-arrange my sewing room, for the time being.  I need to make it more 'user friendly'....LOL

On Monday, I plan on whittlin' down my UFO list starting with the smallest and working my way up.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment